Scarlett hasn't been feeling too well since her port placement on Friday. I haven't had my hands free to type much all weekend. Now, I finally found a way to hold her in the Moby Wrap that she will tolerate, so I can type for a minute.
The procedure Friday was quick and easy, as far as surgeries go. It took a long time for them to get started, but then it was all over in a few hours, and we were home in time for dinner. The port doesn't seem to bother Scarlett, though I think her chest is a little sore. She is so small that it sticks out pretty far, but as she grows it will be less and less obtrusive.
She has a cough that sometimes causes her to choke. It could be a result of the anesthesia from Friday, or it could be a cold. It has me on edge all day and night as I try to keep her comfortable. I am waiting to hear back from the doctors about what to do...if she is sick, I don't think we will be able to start chemo this week, and that is a problem. Her fontanel is also a bit swollen, which means there is fluid accumulation in her brain. They will check this all tomorrow, but it could mean a shunt is in the near future...or not. I don't know.
I'm tentatively packing in case we end up in the hospital sooner than we planned. If not, we go tomorrow for a hearing test and blood draw, then she will be admitted Thursday for her first round of chemotherapy.