We had a relaxing night at home. We got discharged around 3pm, and when we got home, my mom was cleaning our house. THANK YOU MOM!! Then, Chris' mom brought us groceries. THANK YOU!!
Then the CPS social worker called. He needed to come see our house before he could close his investigation. I just wanted that over with, so we said to come last night. I am still confused as to why he had to see our house, since he has talked to every doctor, nurse and hospital social worker. At least it was clean! He didn't really look around much, but did write down all her medications and ask us if we were okay. It's not his fault that the ER doctors reported us, so we just tried to answer his questions patiently and explain what was happening. He told us that the report will be filed as "unfounded", meaning that a call was made but the investigation was clear. He says it should never come up in the future if I have to apply for new teaching jobs.
After he left, I took a hot bath and drank some tea. She is sleeping normally again, only waking once in the night for milk, medicine and diaper. I was so happy to be in my own bed, with her in her bassinet next to me, with no nurses peeking in and no screaming kids in the next room.
Scarlett is taking her medicines with minimal fussing, but it is very hard for us. We have syringes to measure the liquids, and we keep accidentally squirting it across the room. When her dose is just 1ml (sometimes less), every drop spilled makes a difference. We're trying to relax about this too...none of the medicines are so critical that a smaller dose will hurt her right now. We're also looking for any other way to administer - the medicine pacifier might work, but we'll worry about it after Christmas.
CHRISTMAS!!! I'm so excited! As difficult a time of year it is to have such devastating news, it is also a great distraction. We're having dinner with the family, going to church and opening presents in the morning. I can't wait to dress Scarlett up in her cutesy Christmas outfits! We are working on making her a special appointment with Santa, since she missed that last week. I have a feeling he'll make an exception for her... :-)
Chris just made me a mocha, an omelet and english muffins, which all taste and smell delicious. It pays to have a barista for a husband!
I am praying very hard for your family right now. I pray that you all will get a Christmas miracle and find out the tumor is benign. Remember that 97% chance of malignancy means 3% chance that it is benign and everything will be ok. 3% is not nothing! Have a very Merry Christmas and I will be thinking of you and your gorgeous baby girl, as well as looking for updates.
Thank you so much for keeping us updated as to the progress of sweet beautiful Scarlett. Shr truely is a gift from God. I've added the facebook page to my friends pages, and ask daily for prayers for your sweet angel. God Bless you!
Did I miss something about the whole CPS thing??!! Wow thats Insane .. so glad you guys are home now and you and Scarlett can get into a normal routine!! sending my love and prayers <3
Glad you guys had a great Christmas. I missed the CPS thing as well, why were they called?
I'm praying for your daughter. I got some great advice for admistering meds from another BBC momma. Take the nipple off a bottle she uses. squirt the meds into it and let her suck on it. My daughter is just a little older and not taking meds from the dropper well yet. This way she gets all she needs :) HTH
Post a Comment